Franciscan Montessori Earth School and St. Francis Academy
Longitudinal Assessment Study (LAS)
Cycle 5 Survey
This year the assessment is being done only with online surveys. This UNDER 30 MINUTE paperless method should be a relief to anyone who recalls past assessments, and there is only one question repeated from the last, Cycle 4, assessment.
For some of you who may not recall, you joined the LAS 7, 10, or 13 years ago and have been assessed every three years since then. The LAS is a study to follow you for many years to see what (if any) are the effects of a Montessori education on who you are becoming. After you submit your completed survey, your "thank-you" note will provide you with some links to view summaries from past (published) LAS assessments.
When you finish this survey, click on the "submit survey" button at the bottom.
First, lets get the boring demographic questions out of the way.
1a. What is your name? [You must answer this question.]
1b. What is your email address? [You must answer this question.]
1c. What is your phone number? [You must answer this question.]
2. What is the highest grade in school you have had the opportunity to complete?
3. What is your marital status?
4. How many children (adopted or birthed) do you have?
5. Briefly describe your living situation (what kind of housing, who else lives with you, where do you live, etc.).
6. What was your total income (before taxes) in 1997? Please do not count anyone else; I just want your own personal income.
7. How far do you plan to go with your formal education?
8. If you are in college, what is the name and city of your college?
Now, the Interesting Questions.
9. In the last three years, have you worked or volunteered in a job that you expect will help your career? If yes, please describe the different positions, about how many hours they were for (either total or per week or month), and how you think they will help you reach your career goal.
10. Briefly describe your philosophy of education or what maximizes your ability to learn.
11. If you are in school now, how does your personal 'best ways to learn' fit with the school's methods?
12. At this time, what is your professional or career goal?
13. How sure are you about your professional or career goal?
14. How has your Montessori experience affected who you are today?
15. Make up a story about this picture, telling what led up to the event shown, describing what is happening now including what the characters are feeling and thinking, and giving the outcome.
16. What are your passions in life?
17. Instead of answering a question, I would like you to make up a few questions about what would make INTERESTING questions for you to answer. Fill in the empty part at the end of the sentence, but DON'T answer the questions you make up. I'm just interested in what questions you WOULD find interesting to answer.
You and your friend have a difference of opinion about....
Well, it looks like that is all the questions I have for you this year. The next LAS assessment will be in 3 years and should be similar to this one. When you click on the "submit survey" button below, you will be provided with a couple of hot links to summaries of past published LAS results. I will also provide a link to my email address if you have any questions or feedback for me, or just want to say hello.
Please make sure you have answered the first three questions (1a, 1b, and 1c) before you submit this survey!
Thank you very much for your cooperation, and your time.